Author: Natasha Conrad
Recipe type: Dessert
- 4 - 6 Ferrero Rocher Chocolates (chilled)
- 4 egg yolks
- 110 g caster sugar
- 220 g cream - thickened is also fine
- 220 g 1 cup milk - full cream or skinny is fine
- 100 g hazelnut chocolate spread (or Nutella)
- Pop the Ferrero Rocher Chocolates into the freezer.
- Place sugar and egg yolks into the TM bowl and mix for 1 minute on speed 4. Set aside in a jug.
- Clean the TM bowl. Don't bother drying it though, just make sure all the remnants of egg have been removed.
- Place cream, milk and spread into the TM bowl and cook for 6 minutes at 80 degrees Celcius on speed 4.
- When finished, start blades mixing at speed 2 and slowly pour the egg mixture into the bowl through the lid opening (hence setting aside in a jug). It's important to mix the egg mixture in slowly to prevent the eggs from scrambling.
- Cook final mixture for 5 minutes at 90 degrees Celcius on speed 4 with the MC off.
- Pour into a container and cool in the fridge (we don't want the tasty little Ferrero Rocher morsels melting when we add them later).
- Wash and dry the TM bowl and make sure it is cold before adding the Ferrero Rocher's.
- Whilst ice cream mixture is cooling, unwrap the Ferrero Rocher Chocolates, place them in the TM bowl and give them 3 quick pulses on the Turbo setting (more or less depending on how big you like the pieces). Return the pieces to the freezer or fridge.
- When mixture is cool, place container in the freezer for about an hour. After an hour add the Ferrero Rocher pieces and mix them and the ice cream mixture through with a fork. Though not essential, this prevents ice crystals forming and by adding the Ferrero Rocher pieces later they are less likely to fall to the bottom. If you have time, and can be bothered, mix it again in another hour.
- If you have an ice cream maker just add the mixture and Ferrero Rocher pieces and churn as per the manufacturer's instructions.
Freezing the Ferrero Rocher chocolates means you won't have a molten mass of confectionery after chopping. If you don't have time to freeze the mixture for an hour, after cooling it in the fridge, just add the chocolate pieces and mix them through and freeze straight away.