Cranberry and White Chocolate Buttermilk Scones
Author: Natasha Conrad
Recipe type: Dessert
- 30 g Butter
- 260 g Self Raising Flour
- 55 g caster sugar
- 70 g white chocolate, bits or chopped
- 65 g dried cranberries or craisins
- 130 g buttermilk, approximately
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees celcius.
- Place butter and flour into the bowl and mix on speed 4 for 15 seconds.
- Add sugar, chocolate, cranberries and buttermilk and mix on reverse speed 4 for 10 seconds. Dough should be soft and slightly sticky.
- Turn onto a floured surface and press or roll out to a thickness of about 2cm.
- Cut into circles using a glass of biscuit cutter and place onto a lined baking tray.
- Brush with milk.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until golden and hollow sounding when tapped.