Applesauce, Oatmeal and Blueberry Muffins
Author: Natasha Conrad
Recipe type: Dessert
- Dry Ingredients:
- 75 g rolled oats
- 135 g wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 75 g brown sugar
- Wet Ingredients:
- 120 g milk - soured with the juice of ½ lemon (or buttermilk)
- 190 g applesauce (made from the Everyday Cooking book)
- 2 tbs oil of your choice
- 2 tbs agave syrup/nectar (or honey)
- Approximately 85 g blueberries .
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place oats in the TM bowl and mill for 4 seconds on speed 9.
- Add rest of dry ingredients and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4. Set aside.
- Add wet ingredients to TM bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4.
- Add dry ingredients and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4.
- Spoon into a muffin tray lined with paper cases.
- Sprinkle each with blueberries and press into the batter a little.
- Bake for 16 - 20 mins.
These muffins are quite dense (but filling) so don't expect a light fluffy muffin