Author: Natasha Conrad
Recipe type: Biscuit
- 120 g raw almonds (or ground almonds)
- 150 g brown sugar
- 180 g butter
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 350 g plain flour
- Place almonds in TM bowl and grind for 10 seconds on speed 9. Set aside.
- Place butter and sugar in TM bowl and cream for 15 seconds on speed 4, then increase to speed 5 for a further 15 seconds. Scrape down bowl.
- Add egg and ground almonds and mix for 15 seconds on speed 4. Scrape down bowl.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and spices and mix for 15 seconds on speed 4. Scrape down bowl and mix for a further 20 seconds on speed 4 assisting with the spatula.
- Turn dough out onto plastic wrap, shape into a ball and wrap tightly. Place in the fridge for 15 mins or at this point the dough can be left in the fridge for up to a week to let the flavours develop.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 190 degrees celcius.
- Flatten dough and roll out until approximately 1cm thick and cut into small squares. Alternatively you can roll dough into small balls and flatten with a fork or roll dough into a log and slice into rounds...your choice.
- Place onto lined baking tray (they don't need much room to spread so you can really load up the baking tray) and bake for 10 - 15 mins or until they are nicely browned and dry.