Author: Natasha Conrad
Recipe type: Dessert, palate cleanser
It was a lovely warm day in Hobart today so I made up a lovely batch of our favourite sorbet. Tasty, refreshing and wonderfully good for you. Promise you won’t know it has a bunch of greens in it…promise!! If you have a blender that copes well with ice you can make this too…use the maximum speed.
- 50g – 150g sugar (we have as little sugar in this as possible but it depends on the fruit and your taste buds)
- 1 lemon, with peel and pith removed
- 1 orange, with peel and pith removed
- Fresh pineapple, enough to bring the weight of the fruit up to 300g
- Handful of washed baby spinach, or green of your choice (make it a small handful if you’re just starting out with greens in your sorbet.
- 700g ice cubes (separated into two batches)
- 1 egg white, optional (it adds volume and makes the texture fluffy and smooth)
- Place sugar in the TM bowl and mill for 10 secs on speed 9.
- Add the fruit and 350g of the ice. Slowly increase speed to 10 and blend for 20 seconds.
- Add the rest of the ice and the egg white and slowly increase the speed to 10 and blend for approximately 1 min. You may need to assist with the spatula.
- Freezes well but may need re-blending to serve.
We call this Shrek sorbet if little ones are around and they love it!