The guy of the house is an absolute ice magic fiend but the chemicals that make up this ice cream topper are just not what we want to put in our bodies.
We’ve been making our own ice magic (or magic shell or whatever it is called in your home) for years and it tastes wonderful without all the nasties. We started with quite different ratios of chocolate to oil but settled on this as it sets quickly…if it’s solid in the container just pop it under the tap or in the microwave for a moment.
It can be sugar free or dairy free, dark, milk or white, depending on the chocolate you use and you can add flavours too if you like (peppermint essence, orange essence, almond essence…your choice).
The best part though, is the pinch of salt. Chocolate and salt are a match made in heaven. You can leave it out of course but give it a try.
We like to serve our ice magic over our Easy Banana Ice Cream…so we’ve included that recipe as well.
Salted Ice Magic
- 200g chocolate
- 100g coconut oil (you can use butter if you prefer)
- Large pinch of salt (not essential but seriously takes it to a whole new level)
- Melt chocolate and oil together however you like…in the Thermie for 2 mins on 50 degrees, in the microwave or in a double boiler on the stove top)
- Add pinch of salt and mix well.
Easy Banana Ice Cream
- 2 – 4 frozen bananas (peeled).
- 1 – 2 tablespoons peanut butter or tahini (or nut butter of your choice, or hazelnut chocolate spread) – optional.
- 1 tablespoon sweetener of your choice (we use rapadura, maple syrup, honey, coconut sugar or rice malt syrup.) – optional.
- Place all ingredients in your Thermomix or blender and blitz until smooth.