Easy Falafel (gluten free options)
Recipe type: Main, entree, snack
This is and easy falafel recipe that tastes great as a side, with salad or veggies, or in a wrap or a lettuce leaf and even by itself as a snack. If you don’t have a thermomix simply blitz all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves (chopped if not using a Thermie)
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed if not using a Thermie)
- 400g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbs rice or spelt flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Place coriander and garlic in TM bowl and chop on speed 7 for 5 seconds.
- Add rest of ingredients and mix on speed 5 for 10 seconds.
- With wet hands, or spoons, shape into little footballs (if the mixture seems a little hard to shape just pop it in the fridge for 30 mins or so).
- Fry in a little oil until they are golden and then they are ready to serve.
- Have them with salad or veggies, or in a wrap or lettuce leaf with salad or on their own as a snack.
You can add some chopped onion or any other spices you desire.