It’s easy, it’s primal and it’s just so tasty! A flavoured butter can work wonders with any dish. This is just one version that we thought you might enjoy. Non Thermomix and Thermomix instructions supplied.
- 1 head of garlic
- 30g dried porcini mushrooms
- 250g butter, chopped (from pastured, grass fed cows)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- Sea salt to taste (celtic, Himalayan…use a good quality salt)
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celcius.
- Slice the top off the head of garlic so the cloves are exposed. Drizzle with oil of your choice and roast until the cloves are soft.
- Cover the porcini in boiled water and soak for around 30 mins until soft.
- Once the garlic is ready, cool it slightly and then squeeze (or scoop) the garlic out of the skins.
- Drain the porcini (keep the soaking liquid it’s a great addition to soup, casseroles, broths, sauces etc) and chop coarsely. If you have a Thermomix, at this point you can chop it on speed 7 for 5 seconds. Scrape and repeat if necessary.
- Combine the porcini, butter, garlic, lemon juice and salt (to taste). You can do this by hand, in a food processor or in your Thermie on speed 5 for 15 seconds.
- Spoon the butter into a rough log shape on some baking paper and roll into a log.
- This can be kept in the freezer and you can just slice a lovely disc off as required. It’s best if it comes to room temperature before use.
We have it on top of a superb grass fed beef steak (or other meat), to flavour sauces, soups or casseroles etc.
The flavour is amazing! Enjoy!