Lemon Bread (grain free, nut free, dairy free, refined sugar free)
Recipe type: Bread
We are huge lovers of all things lemon in the house, so when we came across this gorgeous lemon loaf from Primally Inspired we thought it would be worth making and converting for the Thermomix. We were right…it is delightful and so easy to make. We hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- Milk of choice (enough to bring quantity of juice to 1 cup)
- 100g honey
- 35g coconut oil (or butter – from grass fed, pastured cows is best)
- 85g coconut flour (don’t substitute other flours, they won’t work)
- 1 heaped teaspoon bi-carb soda (baking soda)
- ¼ salt
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or butter – from grass fed, pastured cows is best)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius
- Zest and then juice the two lemons.
- Pour the lemon juice in a 1 cup measuring cup. Add enough milk to the lemon juice until it measures 1 cup. Set aside.
- Place the honey, coconut oil (or butter) and zest in the TM bowl and heat at 50 degrees for 1 – 2 mins (until melted) on speed 1.
- Add the coconut flour, bi-carb soda, salt, eggs, the milk and lemon juice mix and mix on speed 4 for 15 seconds.
- Pour into a lined loaf tin and bake 30 – 45 mins or until the a skewer tests clean, the loaf has shrunken back from the tin and it springs back when pressed.
- Cool the loaf in the tin.
- Once the loaf has cooled place all the glaze ingredients into the TM and heat at 50 degrees for 1 – 2 mins (until melted) on speed 1.
- Pour over the loaf and place in the fridge to cool for a further 30 minutes.