Chicken Salad Balls - gluten free, grain free
Cuisine: Snack, party snack, nibble, appetizer, finger food, canapes, hors d'oeuvre
These little bite sized morsels from Not Quite Nigella are great as a snack or perfect for a party. We have converted her fabulous recipe (that you can find here) for the Thermomix. We found them a little salty so we've made the addition of the salt optional. They are delicious, so easy to put together and can be made up to six hours in advance. Enjoy!
- 100g smoked almonds
- 150g cheddar cheese (roughly cubed)
- 300g cooked chicken meat (or turkey, duck, ham)
- 50g celery, roughly chopped
- 50g spring onions, roughly chopped
- 65g mayonnaise (we use this recipe)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds (or raw)
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional - we found them a little too salty)
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- A few drops sesame oil to taste
- Place smoked almonds in the TM bowl and chop on speed 7 for 2 seconds. Set aside to roll the balls in.
- Place the cheese in the TM bowl and grate on speed 8 for 8 seconds. Set aside.
- Place the celery, spring onion and chicken into the TM bowl and chop on speed 6 - 7 for 3 - 5 seconds (higher speed and longer time and the balls will have a pastier texture...which kids may prefer).
- Add the sesame seeds, grated cheese, mayo, salt (if using), pepper and sesame oil and mix on reverse speed 5 for 5 seconds.
- With damp hands roll mixture into walnut sized balls and roll in the smoked almonds.
- Pop them in the fridge to firm up.